MAJA BLANCA is an easy to cook Filipino dessert and snack menu made from coconut milk, cornstarch and sweetener. This recipe is quite popular and has lots of variations this day…
What I like about cooking Maja Blanca is that it is so easy to prepare. It is simply a combination of the basic ingredients, which is the coconut milk, cornstarch and condensed milk as a sweetener added with creamy sweet corn and garnish with peanuts to make it delectable to eat. It is slowly cooked until it forms a slightly thick, creamy texture. Once done, let it cool down before placing into the refrigerator.
The Maja Blanca recipe is an all-time occasion dessert / snack recipe and best serve when chilled.
- 500 grams coconut milk
- 380 grams sweet corn cream style (in can or in sachet)
- 400 grams condensed milk
- 50 grams crushed roasted or fried peanuts
- ¾ cup of cornstarch diluted in a 1 cup of water.
Note: Sugar is optional. You can add it according to your recipe sweetness preference.
Maja Blanca Cooking Procedures:
- Pour the coconut milk into the cooking pan and bring to boil.
- Add the condensed milk and sweet corn. Stir occasionally and boil. Do not cover to prevent from overflowing.
- Add the diluted cornstarch and continue to stir for 5-6 minutes or until texture will be creamy. Stirring it will prevent the mixture to stick into the cooking pan.
- Once done, immediately place in a container.
- Garnish with peanuts and let it cool down before covering with aluminum foil or any applicable lid cover.
- Refrigerate the maja blanca before serving.
For more details, please see the Maja Blanca cooking video below: