Business in Davao is quite booming these days. A lot of investors are coming and exploring great opportunities in Davao. Through the support of local government like Negosyo Center, there are a lot of SME encourages to venture into business and decided to take full responsibility of their time and effort.
Securing a Business Permit is important before starting your own business in the city.
I will be sharing with you the steps on how to open/process business in Davao City.
Step 1. Register your Business Name. You can do the registration at the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI). They already have online registration now. Here’s the link: http://bnrs.dti.gov.ph/web/guest/registration
After finalizing your business name registration, you need to print the acknowledgement and proceed to DTI Building for the payment. The office is located at Mintrade Bldg., Monteverde Avenue Cor. Sales Street, Davao City.
DTI Registration payment are as follows: Barangay – P 200, City/Municipality – P 500, Regional – P1,000 and National – P 2,000.
If you don’t want the online registration, you can also register directly to the DTI.
Step 2. After getting your DTI Registration. Comply all the requirements in getting a Mayor’s Business permit.
For New Application Requirements
- New Application Form (Get this at Business Bureau , notarized after completing the details)
- Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- Barangay Clearance – (Get a Barangay Clearance under the Barangay area of your business address)
- SPA (if the registration will be process by other people rather than you)
- Valid ID’s (Applicant and SPA)
- List of Employees (Certification of the list of employees with Notarized)
- Sketch of business address
- Lease Contract or Agreement or Consent or Cert. with tax Declaration, if any
- Solid Waste Certificate (CENRO) – (Must attend a seminar for 1 hour at CENRO Peoples Park)
- Photocopy of DTI Registration Form
- SEC. Reg.Cert. with Articles of Inc, and By-Laws/Franchise Agreement, etc. (if applicable)
At the back of the New Application Form, there are certain departments that you need to visit for clearances.
- City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CENRO)
- Office of the City Building Official (CEO/OCBO)
- City Health Office (CHO)
- City Planning and Development Office (CPDO)
- City Treasurer’s Office (CTO)
- Bureau of Fire Protection
If you already comply the steps & requirements above, proceed to Business Bureau, You will be given a date to claim your paper. Usually 3 days processing.
After getting back your paper, proceed to the Office of the City Treasurer for the computation of payments and pay.
After paying, go to BUREAU OF FIRE PROTECTION, they have desk office inside the premises to assist your concern. The officer of Bureau of Fire will get your New Application Form and you will be given another 3 days before claiming it back. They are going to check your actual business location.
After claiming your papers from the Bureau of Fire Protection, submit it to BUSINESS BUREAU. You will be given another date to claim you Business Plate and Permits.
You also need to register your book of accounts within 15 working days from time of filing the application to avoid P 5,000 pesos penalty (Sec.404. Article 2, Ordinance No. 158-05 series of 2005.
Once you claim your permits and business plates, immediately process you Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) registration to avoid penalties.
Note: Steps or per department process might change without notice, so you can always check updated information at Business Bureau.
You Might also like:
Wanted to renew your business permit in Davao? Click below link: